VACANCY: Fundraiser – Door to Door
The Greater London Fund for the Blind (GLFB) is on the look-out for enthusiastic fundraisers to help us take forward our exciting doorstep fundraising campaign.
As a Door-to-Door Fundraiser you will be at the forefront of our campaign, promoting the charity’s work and generating vital new income for GLFB-funded services.
In return you will receive training, holiday pay, and the opportunity to progress further.
To view the job description and person specification please scroll down, alternatively please click here to view and download a copy.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Rui Viegas, Face to Face Campaign Manager at RViegas@glfb.org.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK.
Job Title: Fundraiser – Door to Door
Salary: Hourly rate of £9.15 rising to £11.00 depending on ability to hit or exceed agreed targets.
Contract: Temporary, rolling contract.
Working Hours: 27.5 hours per week, normally Monday to Friday between the hours of 2.30pm and 8.30pm (including half hour lunch, unpaid).
Annual Leave: 23 days plus Bank Holidays (pro rata).
Location: Variable – determined by site bookings, but working within the M25. Training and team meetings held at GLFB office in SE1.
Reports to: Face to Face Campaign Manager
Role Purpose: to assist the in-house Face to Face (F2F) fundraising team in recruiting new supporters donating by direct debit and in so doing, generate funds to further the GLFB’s charitable objectives.
Scope of activities: the Door to Door (D2D) fundraiser role is field-based with target recruitment areas spanning across Greater London.
Key internal working relationships include fundraisers, fundraising managers and the Fundraising and Supporter Care Officer. External working relationships include the Fundraising Regulator and the Institute of Fundraising.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit households in the Greater London area to promote the work of the GLFB
- Ensure that the public have a positive experience and get a positive view of the charity and the fundraisers
- Provide accurate and up to date information on the work of the charity
- Recruit new supporters donating via a monthly direct debit
- Meet or exceed agreed weekly and monthly KPIs for the D2D campaign
- Record supporter details diligently and take responsibility for the safe and correct handling of personal details
- Attend training and performance review meetings as required
- Comply with the data protection act at all times
- Carry out all responsibilities in line with the guidelines set out by the Fundraising Regulator and the Institute of Fundraising
- Adhere to GLFB’s policies and procedures including staff code of conduct at all times.
|Experience of working to specific targets||√|
|Good working knowledge of IoF’s F2F guidelines||√|
|Experience of working on fundraising/D2D campaigns||√|
|Skills and Abilities||Essential||Desirable|
|Excellent communication skills||√|
|Attention to detail||√|
|Able to adapt to different situations and individuals||√|
|Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines||√|
|Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude||√|
|Excellent interpersonal skills||√|
|Courteous, presentable and engaging||√|
|Ability to work well in a team||√|
|A commitment to the policies and aims of the GLFB||√|
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
The job description will be kept under review to ensure that it remains up to date. The post-holder will be consulted about any proposed changes.